Grass is bread circles filled with different things, such as white goat cheese and oregano. You can make some with a "zatar" mixture which contains finely ground oregano, sesame seeds, sumac, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
My bread is easy to make and here are the simple directions:
- 1 kilo of whole wheat brown flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil or substitute oil
- 1/2 cup of warm water or more as needed
- Put the yogurt, oil, water, yeast and salt in a food processor. Mix this for 1/2 minute.
- Open the processor and add in 1/2 kilo of flour and pulse.
- Add in another 1/4 kilo and pulse.
- Remove the bread from the food processor and put in a large bowl.
- With dough hooks on your mixer, add in the remaining flour and beat the dough with the dough hooks for 2 more minutes or until you get a soft pliable dough.
- Make the dough into a soft ball and spritz with some olive oil. Cover with a towel and let rise.
Walah, you have just make homemade bread in 5 minutes. Now let the bread rise for an hour or more and divide the bread into 3/4 cup portions. Roll each portion into balls and freeze on a large platter. When frozen, place the balls in a larg plastic bag and save the bread for when it is needed.
Remove one or more portions and thaw. No need to rise again. Roll the balls out into very flat pita size breads and bake in a very hot 400 degree oven until done. Turn the bread once. I bake my bread directly on the oven rack, not a pan. You must wait until the oven is very hot though.
Now if you want to have very healthy and delicious bread that is good for nurturing your health, read my article on:
Healthy Whole Wheat Bread