Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
Makes 15 truffles
- 2 cups crumbled chocolate chip cookies (10-12 cookies)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces chocolate candy wafers
- chocolate chips, optional
1. Combine cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese in a large bowl. Use the back of a metal spoon to help incorporate the crumbs and cream cheese.
2. Roll mixture into 1¼ inch balls and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
3. Melt chocolate candy coating int the microwave on low for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
4. Place each cookie ball in melted candy coating cover completely. Lift the ball out of the with a spoon and gently tap off the excess coating. Let cookie truffle slide off the spoon onto a wax paper covered baking sheet.
5. Immediately top with a few cookie crumbs and chocolate morsels if desired. Keep refrigerated.