He is the celebrity fitness and training guru to the stars. His list of clients would make anyone envious and his philosophy is different than most. He wants you to exercise less and eat more smoothies.
Yes, exercise less. He stated that when people go to the gym, they are hungry afterwards and their mind sets tell them they deserve to eat because they just exercised an hour, lol.
He feels less exercise, more natural eating is imperative. The way he explains this is that after going to the gym you will go to the local store and get a juice cocktail for 400 calories and a low fat muffin for 500 calories and then after supper, you will reach for the desert "Because" you worked out at the gym for 1 hour today. He states it is better to lose 1/2 pound a week and keep it off, then to do a fast weightloss detox where you will put the weight back on later.
Here are a few of his recipes:
Wholesome Pumpkin PancakesServes 2-4
- 1 cup dry instant oatmeal (or ground whole oats)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. In another medium sized bowl, mix the wet ingredients well, then slowly add in the dry ingredients and stir just until evenly moistened.
3. Once ingredients are mixed, heat up a griddle and lightly grease with cooking spray. Pour a quarter cup of pancake batter for each pancake and cook until golden brown on each side.
4. If you like thinner batter, add a little bit of skim milk. Serve hot.
Pumpkin Pie SmoothieServes 1
If you have read my book, The Body Reset Diet, or follow my PEOPLE blog, you know that I'm a huge fan of smoothies. This one tastes just like pumpkin pie, but without the feeling like you have to take a nap afterwards.
- ½ cup 100% pumpkin puree (make sure it's just pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ ripe banana, halved (frozen, if you like)
- ¾ cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or real pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (if you don't have ready-made pumpkin pie spice, make it yourself with 4 parts cinnamon, 2 parts ground ginger, 1 part nutmeg, 1 part allspice and just a dash of ground cloves)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup crushed ice
1. Blend to desired consistency. If you like your smoothies a little thinner, try adding a bit of water or nonfat milk.
Speaking of Pumpkins: Recipes Galore
How to Train for your Body Weight