Brown Rice and Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 3 chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped (frozen can be used also0
- 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Place the rice, one green onion, boiling water and salt and pepper in a baking dish. Cover it with foil and bake for one hour in a very hot oven (450 degrees F.).
- After the rice is cooked, remove the foil and fluff with a fork. Set Aside.
- In a skillet add in the oil and heat. Add in the two chopped green onions and spinach and saute for a free minutes until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add in the broth, salt and pepper and cook for one minute. Add in the rice now and cook the rice until the liquid is all removed.
- Serve on a plate with a scoop of raw goat yogurt. Hmmmm yummy!