Fresh Broccoli and Veggie Egg Scramble

I just love broccoli and I went to the market today and there was some of the best broccoli I have seen in ages and so I had to invent this wonderful recipe to suit my taste.  It is so simple to do and will make you a complete meal in minutes.  I served my broccoli scramble with a piece of whole wheat dry toast.  It was a wonderful treat.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of chopped fresh broccoli
  • 1 small red pepper
  • 2 green onions
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 2 small tomatoes
  • Salt and pepper for seasoning
  • 1/2 cup cheese (I love herbal gouda mixed with mozarella and goat cheese)
  • 2 eggs
  • Non-stick spray

Directions:
  1. Put all the veggies in a food processor and pulse until you see a very fine mixture.  Spray Your skillet with non-stick spray and heat.
  2. Add in the two eggs and scrammble the egg yolks.  Then add in enough of the broccoli mixture to your liking along with 1/3 cup of more cheese, salt and pepper.  
  3. Keep stirring the egg mixture until the eggs are cooked and dry.  Place on a plate and serve with whole wheat toast and freshly squeezed orange juice.


Leftover Broccoli Mixture

I put the left over broccoli mixture in the freezer.  This makes a great pizza mixture. You simply put a very thin layer of the mixture on top of some pizza dough.  Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and bake in a very hot 450 degree oven until done. This is a wonderful way to make a healthy pizza in a flash.