Read: Shock finding: More than 75 percent of all 'honey' sold in grocery stores contains no honey at all, by definition (Updated)
Spiced Pumpkin Pie Almonds - Healthy
- 2 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the almonds in a bowl and add in the spices. Mix well.
- Then mix the honey and vanilla together and drizzle over the nuts. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the lot with sea salt and place on a shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in a low heat oven of 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Stir the nuts half way through cooking. Enjoy and you can double the recipe because the nuts will go fast.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
This spice mixture can be used in your pies, milkshakes or ice cream recipes. It is a very simple recipe that can be doubled or tripled for later use. After you have combined everything, place in a tightly sealed jar, not plastic bag. Glass is the best way to store any spice, herb or condiment.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
For my very delicious pumpkin marmalade: Pumpkin Marmalade (healthy included)
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream: Recipe
Homemade Pumpkin Pie