This is a wonderful and very healthy recipe. I saw this on Face Book and I updated it and added some ingredients to make it healthier. The basic recipe called for cauliflower, peas and carrots and onion. While that may be ok for a quick video, it is not the true fried rice recipe. With my updated recipe you will find it is very delicious and still very simple to make.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (simply cut the florets up and put in a food processor and pulse)
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup of peas and carrots (frozen)
- 1/2 cup of corn (optional)
- 1 egg
- Soy sauce and sesame seeds to taste
- chopped coriander
- Sliced Cucumbers to garnish with
- 1.5 tablespoons of virgin olive oil or substitute
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- As stated above, place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse slowly until you get tiny riced like pieces. It takes only a few minutes to do this.
- In a heavy skilled add in the oils and heat. Then add in the veggies and stir fry. When the veggies are slightly softened add in the egg on the side and cook the egg. Scramble the cooked egg in with the veggies.
- Add in the cauliflower and mix together well. Top with soy sauce, salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Allow the cauliflower to heat well and stir, making sure all the rice is well heated and toasty.
- Place in a plate and add the sliced cucumbers on the side. Salt slightly. Top with the coriander leaves.
Note: I added some sunflower seeds also which gave it the crunchy texture. I like the veggies al dente, not cooked thru.