- 200 grams of Rice Noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- A whole bowl of mushrooms. He used a huge assortment of muchrooms from shitake to pull apart ones. For me I have a box of button mushrooms and so I will use them.
- 1 long red chili - remove the seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Thumb size of ginger
- 1 large courgette
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- Oil to fry with
- 100 grams of spinach
- 1 tsp of corn flour
- 2 TBL of soy sauce
- 1 tbl of garlic syrup
- 1/ tbl of rice wine
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Splash of water
- You want to add hot water to the rice noodles. For me I used whole wheat spaghetti and so you want to boil the spaghetti in hot salt water. Keep in mind the wheat pasta takes twice as long as regular pasta.
- Take the mushrooms and cut them in slices.
- Now take the long red chili and remove the seeds. You can do this with a small spoon. Take the garlic and slice it up real thin and do the same to the chili.
- Take a thumb size of ginger and peel it. Then cut it into tiny strips. A bit time consuming but worth it.
- The the courgette and cut it into strips also. Here in Jordan we use zucchini and it is small usually and so you will need one equal to a large courgette in the US.
- Take the spring onions and slice them up and save the ends for some dressing on top of the salad. Now take the coriander and slice it up stalks and all. Put the coriander to the side along with the tops of the green onions.
- Now take your wok and heat it to high and add in the oil. First take the mushrooms and put in the oil to soften. Shake the pan or if you are brave toss them in the air. lol
- Add all the veggies to the wok now and cook them till the veggies are soft but still crunchy. This will take around 3 minutes and the veggies should be slightly golden.
- Add the sauce to the veggies and heat further. Drain your rice noodles if you are using them and add them to the mix along with 100 grams of fresh spinach. Add in 1/2 of the chopped coriander and cook a few more minutes.
- Plate it up and garnish with the rest of the coriander. Goes great in a huge salad bowl. Serves 4.
|BUY SALAD BOWL ON AMAZON|