1/2 cup of fresh tomato salsa (3 tomatoes, 1 bell pepper, 2 green onions, handful of fresh basil, salt and pepper, blended very well in blender)
1/2 cup cut mini-tomatoes
8 ounces of cooked chicken breast, shreadded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Large handful of fresh arugula
1 whole wheat pizza dough
Roll out the pizza dough in a round circle and lay on a round pizza pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and then bake the pizza dough on both sides. Takes about 8-10 minutes.
Remove the crust from the oven and spread the fresh tomato salsa all around. Spread the chicken on top of the sauce and then the cut mini-tomatoes. Add the mozzarella cheese on top.
Return the pizza back to the oven and bake again for another 7 - 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with the fresh arugula and the parmesan cheese.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Place the yeast in 2 tablespoons of the lukewarm water and allow to dissolve for 5 minutes. Add the flour to a large table or working area and make a whole in the middle.
- Add in the yeast, olive oil, salt and the remainder of the water. Start mixing in the flour with the liquids and keep mixing until you have used everything together.
- Add more flour and water if needed to get to the right consistency. Knead the dough for 10 minutes or put in a mixer and use the dough hooks for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Allow the dough to rise twice before using in your pizza recipes.