- 1 small potato, shredded
- 1 onion, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- To shred the vegetables use any good quality food shredder. Do not use the smallest grade. A medium grade shred is best.
- Place all the veggies in one bowl and mix in the egg to bind the veggies with. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cheese and place in the refrigerator for one hour. Remove the veggie mix and form in to small flat patties.
- Fry them in a skillet with non-stick spray. Wait till crispy brown on one side and turn over gently. Serve on a warm bun with mustard, tomatoes and lettuce.
Red Tomato Salsa Topping
For those who want to avoid the bun, Weight Watchers produced a wonderful red salsa that tops the veggie burger fabulous. Just remember you are using red vegetables.
Place in a bowl one chopped red pepper, 1 chopped red onion, 1 chopped red tomato, a small handful of coriander. Add in some salt and pepper and a few spritzes of cold pressed olive oil and lemon juice. Serve this right on top of the veggie burger.