Healthy and Easy to Prepare Low Calorie Dessert Recipes
Low calorie desserts do not need to be bland and tasteless. Mireille Guiliano shows how to enjoy life and lose weight at the same time with these delicious recipes.
Low calorie dessert recipes are plentiful in Mireille Guiliano's book, "French Women Don't Get Fat." Mireille shows how to recast the stomach by ridding the body of harmful offenders, such as sugar and white flour and replace them with low calorie, healthy foods. Healthy low calorie desserts help the dieter stay on the program for life. French women do indulge in treats and pleasures, but limit the portions. These recipes are being printed with permission from Mireille Guiliano website.
- 10 ounces strawberries, de-stemmed and halved
- 1 plain yogurt (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 ice cubes
Directions on How to Make the Smoothie
Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend till smooth. Serve at once.
Figs and Ricotta Cheese with Honey
- 12 large figs
- 1 pound fresh whole milk ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons wildflower honey
Directions to Prepare the Figs and Ricotta Cheese With HoneyQuarter figs and arrange them on plates. Add a spoonful of ricotta to each fig and a generous drizzle of honey.
Melon and Lime Sauce
- 1 large honeydew melon or 2 small cantaloupes
- 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- Mint leaves or lime wedges, for garnish
Directions to Prepare the Melon and Lime Sauce
- Cut the honeydew or cantaloupe in half and remove the seeds. Using a melon baller, remove balls of the melon flesh and place them in a large bowl.
- With a vegetable peeler, remove the lime rind in thin strips. Then stack the strips together and cut them into fine julienne pieces. Add the strips to the melon.
- Squeeze the lime over a small bowl and mix the juice (approximately 1/3 cup) with the sugar and rum, if using. Stir the mixture into the melon balls and set them aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- At serving time, divide the melon balls among 6 dessert dishes, garnish with mint leaves or lime wedges and serve.
Grilled Peaches With Lemon Thyme
- 4 peaches
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme, coarsely chopped
Directions to Prepare the Grilled Peaches with Lemon Thyme
- Rinse peaches, pat dry, cut in halves, and remove the stone. Place in a baking dish. Mix the oil, honey and vanilla extract and pour over the peaches.
- Sprinkle with the lemon thyme. Marinate for 20 minutes turning over once and basting.
- Grill on the barbeque for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until the peach is tender, but not soft. Serve immediately, alone or with a scoop of ice cream.
Some will ridicule the follower of such a plan, but then again the true revenge against such treatment is when the dieter looks in the mirror and is pleased with what is shown.
Photo courtesy of Photobucket/ misspearr