I am always looking for fudge recipes as my son just loves this. This one uses pecans and I just love love pecans. It is very simple to make and so delicious. So whether for a holiday or just a family gathering, why not try this one out.
- 1 stick butter
- 12 oz. package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 12- 15 large marshmallows
- ¾ cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, add in 1 stick butter, or 8 tablespoons (room temperature), 12 oz. package Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips. Set it aside.
- In a large pan stir together the sugar and ⅔ cup evaporated milk, until mixed and then add in the marshmallows
- Cook over medium heat, and stir constantly. Once the mixture has melted, continue to cook and stir a bit more until you’re sure the sugar has melted.
- Pour the hot mixture over the ingredients in the bowl and stir until the butter and chocolate melt then add ¾ cups chopped nut, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Continue to stir vigorously until it is very well mixed.
- Spray an 11” x 7” baking dish with a non stick spray and pour in cooked mixture, cover and refrigerate until set and ready to cut.
Note: You can line the pan with plastic wrap, so you can remove the fudge easily.