If you love eggnog, you will simply love this pie. This pie is so easy to make and you will just beg for more. Inspiration does come from my love of eggnog, but it also comes from the season of joy, giving and love. So this holiday when you are gathering around the table to give grace, remember that Family is everything and after family comes pie.
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 2 packages of vanilla instant pudding (3.4 ounces each)
- 1 cup of eggnog
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- Chocolate Curls for the garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add in the eggnog, instant pudding and milk. With a whisk mix thoroughly together (2 minutes).
- Add in 1 cup of cool whip and mix again. Pour the eggnog mixture into the pie crust.
- Add the remaining Cool Whip on top of the pie carefully in dollops and then lightly spread.
- Sprinkle the top with curls of chocolate.
Recipe for Flaky Pie Crust
- Place one cup of flour in the food processor with 3 tablespoon of shortening and 1/2 stick of butter that is cold and cut into chunks. Add in a pinch of salt and pulse until the mixture is very fine. Slowly add in 1/4 cup of ice cold water. Keep pulsing till the mixture forms a ball. Remove from the food processor and knead slightly and put in the refrigerator for one hour.
- When ready to make the pie, remove the pie crust and let set on your counter for 15 minutes. Roll out the pie crust and place in a buttered pie plate. Trim off the edges two inches below the edge. Fold the edges underneath so to match the exact pie rim. With your fingers, go around the pie plate and make indentations or use a fork instead.
- If using a fork, dip in flour first. After the crust is ready. Take a fork and make indentions all over the crust with a fork.