- 1 small eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/16 t Stevia or 1 teaspoon of honey
- In order to make this French toast, cut the top and bottom stem from eggplant and cut the eggplant in half length-wise.
- Cut long strips of eggplant, as thin as possible so the eggplant will cook easily.
- In large, flat surfaced bowl mix the eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweetener. Dip the eggplant slices in and let soak a couple minutes while the frying pan heats up.
- Use a non-stick spray, oil or butter to coat the skillet you will be using to fry these in and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and eggplant is not quite so stiff.
Rachael Ray Serving Platter