Now everyone knows about candy corn and everyone knows about rice crispies and candy corn. Now here is an original recipe for candy corn cookies sprinkled in sugar.
The most talked about Halloween costume this year is for Michael Jackson and the most desired cookie is the candy corn look-alike cookies. This recipe is simple to make and will bring smiles to everyone's face.
Halloween Candy Corn CookiesIngredients
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 3.5 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Orange food dye or red and yellow to mix
- 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa and 1 ounce of a chocolate bar
How to Make the Cookie Dough
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well. Add the vanilla and the milk and beat well. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. Add the flour mixture, slowly to the butter mixture, until all the flour mixture is thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the dough in three parts. Place one part in a plastic bag and refrigerate for two hours. The second part use the orange dye in and mix well until the desired shade is achieved. Shred the chocolate bar and place with the cocoa and mix very well. Blend this in the third part of the cookie dough and knead together until completely mixed.
- Refrigerate all three doughs in separate bags in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
How to Shape the Candy Corn Cookies
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper with the paper hanging over the sides of the pan.
- Roll out the first layer of the white cookie mix into the shape of the pan. Measure carefully to see if it fits. Place the cookie mix in the pan. Press the layer in tight fitting to the pan.
- Do the same thing with the orange layer and lay it on top of the white layer. Top with the chocolate layer, doing the same thing. After each layer, press the layers tight with the other layers.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 more hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and turn the pan upside down on the counter, gently removing the wax paper. Cut across the cookie dough making 1/8 inch slices.
- Lay the slices on the counter and make 6 triangle wedges out of each slice.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet one inch apart and place back in the refrigerator for one hour to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes until lightly brown.
- Let set for one minute and then dip each cookie in a bowl of sugar. Keep half the cookies plain.
- Decorate a party tray with both types of cookies and regular candy corn in a middle bowl.
What is Candy Corn and How is it made
History of Candy Corn