The flax seeds must be ground fresh, as they do go rancid after ten minutes so do not make those a head of time. You can also change the fruits around to suit your needs. I love also grapes, cherries and banana combinations. The topping of flax seeds, is so you get extra nutrition. Some love to make a strawberry syrup to put the fruits in but it is not necessary.
It could not be easier than that and your 5 year old could do this.
Take one parfait glass and add the following in layers:
- A scoop of low fat yogurt
- 1 spoon of mixed fruits such as (bananas, strawberries and mango)
- Then top with some homemade granola ( recipe at the bottom)
- Sprinkle some freshly ground flax seed on the granola
Recipe for Granola:
- Take 4 cups of granola
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (not extra virgin )
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg mixed
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cup of walnuts
I hope you enjoy these two incredible recipes and that you will find them, as easy to make as I do.